[Bese-devel] Re: ucw boxset

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue May 2 11:40:44 UTC 2006

Christian Nybø <chr at nybo.no> writes:

> What is the recommended way of starting it?
> Should I start slime from within emacs and load start.lisp from there:

start.lisp should, on a multi-threaded lisp, create a swank-server
bound to 127.0.0.1:8080. i test under the assumpiton that ucw is
started from a terminal and then slime-connect'd from emacs.

> Either way, I don't see the message from the last form in start.lisp:
> (write-line "UCW Started. Point your browser to http://127.0.0.1:8080/")

there are only two things i can think of:

1) your on a single-threaded lisp and hence ucw:create-server blocks

2) the output is going to some other stream.