[Bese-devel] Re: Reader macro

Levente Mészáros levente.meszaros at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 10:06:23 UTC 2006

> I propose changing macro to #T<...> (too bad #\<
> character is taken by less-than function and we can't just plumb up
> macro <foo :bar baz something>... or maybe it's possible to tell if
> current character is in function-position and either return symbol, or
> start a tag accordingly?)

At least SBCL does not seem to worry too much about #< I think it does not
treat the specs so strictly. Is there any important thing that is broken by
this reader macro other than not signaling a reader error? Maybe we could
enable and disable this syntax locally per file.

Personally I don't like the #T< because it's too complicated to type in.
Maybe ##< (if it is possible at all?)

The other suggestion would be a big win if it is possible, but I tried and
could not figure out how to do it reading the specs.

levy