[Bese-devel] Re: ucw-extras

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Fri Mar 3 19:41:39 UTC 2006

Henrik,

This is great.

I wanted to comment on something, that I wish for no one to take it
negatively. As a matter of fact, I should have mentioned it a few
days ago on your original post.

I come from the rubyonrails community and one place I found useful
for code snippets, which could be or were incorporated to the rails'
code, was http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/tags/rails. It's simple,
but makes it easier for "newcommers" to not only look at snippets,
but allows for more documentation to be included since it's somewhat
informal in the process.

Or even the concept of "plugins", which anyone can download and
incorporate into their core rails framework. Maybe your idea could
turn into one were people would contribute plugins to ucw, instead of
just sparse code (http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Plugins)

I am personally still digesting the whole ucw framework and hope to
be able to develop functional "plugins" to share with the community.
Hopefully in the not so distant future.

Thanks,
Waldo