[Bese-devel] attachtty --eval, repos layout

Wojciech Kaczmarek wojtekk at kofeina.net
Fri Mar 3 18:46:20 UTC 2006

Hello!

First I'd like to thank you all for involvement in ucw; being a lurker
here for a while I must say that you've created a great community and of
course stunning piece of software.

Now some beginner's questions:

What's the magic with `attachtty --eval' in ucwctl script? I haven't
found any --eval switch, neither in debian version nor darcs repos
hosted at common-lisp.net. I saw that darcs version of attachtty adds a
[cmd] arg, but it seems to work without --eval.

What is your preferred repos layout for your web applications, assuming
that you're using darcs? I can imagine two trivial alternatives:
- incorporating apps into the ucw tree so it's all one repository, which
gives a chanse of trying hotfixes to the ucw which are related to the
specific state of application code;
- separating apps and ucw completely.
I have in mind several repos push/pull chains between development,
production and eg. ucw_public, but I'd love to hear from you what are
your preferred configurations based on your experience not only assumptions.

Cheers,

Wojtek