[Bese-devel] Why dojo?

Lou Vanek vanek at acd.net
Fri Jun 16 19:18:57 UTC 2006

I've noticed IE6 and FF1.5 are both intelligent enough to make the dojo
download only once because the file's expiration date is being honored.
Opera, on the other hand, is downloading it. On. Every. Single. Request.
Which means either I have to 1) discard Opera altogether, or 2) find an
Opera work-around. Don't know about safari. Don't care about any other
browsers (except for IE7).

A minimal dojo sounds like a good idea if the functions aren't being used.
(Actually, I would prefer prototype and scriptaculous since they seem to be
developing quicker, but I'm not going to press the point.)

-lv