[Bese-devel] Why dojo?

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 18:58:54 UTC 2006

I guess Dojo is a nice library, but it seems UCW only uses a bunch of
generic utility functions from it - dojo.js is 138k, and most of it is of no
use for the things UCW is doing. Maybe composing a subset of it and
distributing that with UCW would be an idea?

(I know the size of a static JS file isn't going to cause *too* many
bandwith problems, but I'm imaging the thing also bloats up the javascript
interpreter, and in the end I'm just a terrible minimalist.)

Marijn