[Bese-devel] Re: dom-id's in xxx-select-field elements

Lou Vanek vanek at acd.net
Fri Jun 9 20:24:32 UTC 2006

Attila Lendvai wrote:

>> > can you paste the error? they seem to work on my copy of ucw_dev :(
>>
>> This is part of examples.lisp:
>>
>>               :dispatchers (list (make-instance 'action-dispatcher)
>>                                  (simple-dispatcher "mul.ucw"
>>                                    (mul-table-example))
>>                                  (make-instance 'ucw::minimal-dispatcher
>>                                                 :url-string
>> "mul-direct.ucw"
>>                                                 :handler (lambda
>> (application context)
>>                                                            (declare
>> (ignore application context))
>>
>> (direct-mul-table-example))))))
>>
>> I believe standard-application's 'dispatchers accessor was taken out.
>> And I don't think the new accessor is exported even though it's an
>> external api (or should be).
>

> a patch was backported from the ajax branch (but not the same as it is
> in that branch) and the examples were not fixed. i've fixed them in
> the ajax branch but this aspect of the two branches are not compatible
> now.

Thanks. I didn't even find the ajax branch until a short while ago.
Unfortunately, I've already made my fixes. I'll try to remember to
look at both branches in the future.

Not sure I want to work on two branches at the same time.
Not even sure exactly what the differences btn the two are,
besides that one branch favors ajax over the other.

Shame there are two branches. I would've just added more
config parameters and never have split it. This is the CL
problem in microcosm--fractured at best / spread too thin
and left for dead at worst. CL may be a victim of its own
malleability: it's so easy to change things that everybody and his
dog wants to make their own version of the program. Heck, that
even applies to me and I'm just a Lisp-young'n.

Lou

someone could copy the make-standard-dispatchers defun to ucw_dev