[Bese-devel] Re: Having a simple-form call an action

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Jun 9 14:52:21 UTC 2006

"Marijn Haverbeke" <marijnh at gmail.com> writes:

> Ho hum. I swear I really do think about these things before mailing, but it
> seems I had missed the answer-component function. So what I do now is get the
> parent reference from the form, and call answer-component on that in the
> refresh-component method of the form. Is this more or less the intended way?
> I'd still prefer to directly call an action on the parent component and go
> without the ugly parent pointer altogether.

(it the case of simple-form the call to refresh-component is hard
wired, that's a horrible name and it should probbaly become submit or
something).

the only thing simple-form adds to widget component is the automatic
writing of the <form> tag, are you sure you don't want to just drop
the simple-form superclas and write your own <ucw;form tag?

Forget your perfect offering.