[Bese-devel] Re: ucw config stuff

Priyadarshan newsgroup at bontempi.net
Tue Jul 18 20:22:34 UTC 2006

AJ Armstrong wrote:

> With regard to Marco's desire to drop the "config stuff":
[...]

> Just at the moment, I'm using a global server install, including the
> /etc/ucw files, a /var/lib/ucw/wwwroot, and the ucwctl scripts.  The
> idea is that ucw will start as a service and get its configuration from
> the contents of /etc/ucw.  An interesting co-incidence is that what I
> working on right now is the configuration stuff - patching it for
> gentoo, etc.

[...]

> I'd also welcome anyone's comments and advice about whether my endeavors
> are useful (or doomed).

I am new to ucw, but I am following it with the greatest interest.

As far I understand ucw uses a modified version of TAL, which relates
very closely to Zope. Maybe you could have a look at how the Zope app
machinery handles those other issues?

I believe the Zope people stumbled on the same road blocks as you
guys, and spent quite some resources in ironing out lots of things in
a very UNIX way.

Priyadarshan Bontempi