[Bese-devel] Re: ucw config stuff

AJ Armstrong aja at clanarmstrong.com
Tue Jul 18 16:12:41 UTC 2006

With regard to Marco's desire to drop the "config stuff":

I'm currently cleaning up a set of ebuilds (gentoo install scripts) for
ucw-dev (and they will likely  serve as templates for ucw-ajax, etc.) and
its various dependancies.

Just at the moment, I'm using a global server install, including the
/etc/ucw files, a /var/lib/ucw/wwwroot, and the ucwctl scripts.  The idea is
that ucw will start as a service and get its configuration from the contents
of /etc/ucw.  An interesting co-incidence is that what I working on right
now is the configuration stuff - patching it for gentoo, etc.

I have no issue with the global configuration stuff moving around, but I
want to make sure that it is present *somewhere* and request that some time
be spent deciding on a consistent and standard implementation that we can be
reasonably comfortable isn't going to change every time a commit happens.

I'd also welcome anyone's comments and advice about whether my endeavors are
useful (or doomed).

--
AJ Armstrong (aja)
aja at clanarmstrong.com