[Bese-devel] i18n & ucw_dev

Evrim ULU evrim at core.gen.tr
Fri Jan 13 17:56:12 UTC 2006

Marco Baringer wrote:

> ucw's i18n support is limited to parsing the accept-language header
>
>and putting that info into the context (this info is then used to
>select language specific templates but can also be used by your own
>app). this sholud work best with a (mod_lisp or httpd)+anything
>setup. i'm now (slowly) finishing the work required to reliable deal
>with non ascii data in requests and response.
>
>other than that ucw's doesn't do anything, i don't think there's
>anything else it should do either, but prove me wrong if you wish.

Ok, that would be enough for me i suppose. As Drew pointed, i've tried
cl-l10n package. It is similar to GNU Gettext and very easy to use with
the help of a simple macro like #"hello"=>"merhaba" (  _("hello") for
gnu gettext).

I'm looking forward for your i18n patch. Btw, I should thank Drew
Crampsie for pointing me the cl-l10n package:)

Thanks.
Evrim.