[Bese-devel] i18n & ucw_dev

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Jan 13 11:49:27 UTC 2006

Evrim ULU <evrim at core.gen.tr> writes:

> Could you tell us what is the current status of i18n support of ucw_dev
> branch? I've seen several past posts but I'm not sure if they reflect
> the current situation.

ucw's i18n support is limited to parsing the accept-language header
and putting that info into the context (this info is then used to
select language specific templates but can also be used by your own
app). this sholud work best with a (mod_lisp or httpd)+anything
setup. i'm now (slowly) finishing the work required to reliable deal
with non ascii data in requests and response.

other than that ucw's doesn't do anything, i don't think there's
anything else it should do either, but prove me wrong if you wish.

> I know supplying an i18n-tal-generator is enough to generate language
> specific tal templates. On the other hand, i'm not sure if this works
> with my current configuration: mod_lisp+sbcl. Besides, I couldn't find a
> downloadable cl-icu on common-lisp.net which i lately realized only
> works for openmcl. Interestingly, my gentoo portage says it can install
> icu-3.2 with cl-icu-.0.0_p11.

cl-icu was developed a year (or two) ago and was never actually used
for real-world work. it's presence in gentoo portage is a mistake (i
hope).