[Bese-devel] Lisp Versions (opensource)

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Fri Jan 13 23:33:38 UTC 2006

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me their opinion about which version
of Lisp you guys recommend to run UCW apps.

I've been using OpenMCL on Mac. However, I was planning on using SBCL
on Linux for the production environment. Then someone also
recommended CMUCL. I see that both SBCL and CMUCL run on Linux but
don't run as seamless on Mac (e.g. SBCL doesn't seem to support
threads on Mac). Reading about the history of SBCL leads me to think
that it seems "better" than CMUCL.

So far, what I've done is use OpenMCL on my Mac and then port to SBCL
on Linux. Is this the right approach? I've already encountered some
"compatibility" issues between certain libraries in SBCL and OpenMCL.
If it was up to me, I would prefer to use the same environment for
development and production to make sure that once tested in
development, no further changes need to be made.

Sorry if this post doesn't belong here, but, after all, my objective
is to develop UCW apps :)

Thanks,
Waldo