[Bese-devel] Re: ucw + clisp : getting started

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Jan 13 11:40:10 UTC 2006

Surendra Singhi <efuzzyone at netscape.net> writes:

> Using pisin's patch:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.web.uncommonweb.devel/586

i applied the second part of that patch. as for the names of the
charset i'm just going to leave the final clause, whatever keyword is
passed to encoding-keyword-to-native will be intrened into the charset
package. if you have the required encoding good, otherwise it's not
really arnesi's problem to figure out how to handle this. i do not
like the idea of silently converting one encoding (utf-16) into
another very similar but different (ucs-2), i think that's just asking
for some really hard to find bugs.

> allows ucw_dev to be compiled, and executed. Though I am still not able to
> make it work.
>
> Also, if I try to compile uncommon web using allegro 7.0, I get the following
> error:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\.asdf-install-dir\site\ucw_dev\src\rerl\backtracking.fasl
> Error: Class #<STANDARD-CLASS APPLICATION-FORM> is not yet finalized.
> [condition type: PROGRAM-ERROR]
> Error: Bad type of object (SYNONYM-STREAM) passed to parent.  The
>        object was #<SYNONYM-STREAM @ #x20d1029a>.

there's a call to with-call/cc in backtracking.lisp, with-call/cc
macro expands into a literal occurence of (among other things) an
instance of application-form. however, when backtracking.fasl is
loaded arnesi (and therefore application-form) should already be
loaded. what happens if put

  (finalize-inheritenc (find-class 'application-form)))

after the defclass form which define application-form? (in
arnesi/src/walk.lisp).