[Bese-devel] 'TYPE-ERROR: The value NIL is not of type REAL' when starting ucw/httpd

Eric Merritt cyberlync at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 08:30:08 UTC 2006

I get the following error when I start ucw using start.lisp script.
Indeed even if I just use

(ucw:create-server :backend :httpd)

 the error results. The error is:

 debugger invoked on a TYPE-ERROR: The value NIL is not of type REAL.

I have a feeling that this problem has something to do with the
rfc2388 package, though I don't really have much evidence to back this
up.

  I am using sbcl 0.9.8 on latest version of ubuntu linux. I am using
all the latest versions of the prereqs with the exception of iterate.
The download is broken there so I am using version 1.4 instead of
version 1.4.1. I installed all of the prerequisites and saved the
image out using (sb-ext:save-lisp-and-die "name" :purify t). On
reinvoking the saved image and attempting to start the server I got
the error detailed above.

I am really stumped and could use a bit of direction.

Thanks,
  Eric