[Bese-devel] Re: ucw + clisp : getting started

Surendra Singhi efuzzyone at netscape.net
Thu Jan 12 19:31:00 UTC 2006

Surendra Singhi <efuzzyone at netscape.net> writes:

> "Marco Baringer" <mb at bese.it> writes:
>
>> Surendra Singhi <efuzzyone at netscape.net> writes:

>>> ;; Compiling file C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\.asdf-install-dir\site\arnesi_
>>> dev\src\string.lisp ...
>>> *** - READ from
>>>        #<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER
>>>          #P"C:\\Documents and Settings\\Owner\\.asdf-install-dir\\site\\arnesi_d
>>> ev\\src\\string.lisp"
>>>          @136>
>>>       : #<PACKAGE CHARSET> has no external symbol with name "UTF-16"
>>>

>>> ;; Compiling file C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\.asdf-install-dir\site\arnesi_
>>> dev\src\call-cc\interpreter.lisp ...
>>> *** - EVAL: undefined function STRCAT
>>> The following restarts are available:
>>
>> i'm guessing that you're using a clisp without unicode (if you do have
>> unicode enabled but utf-16 is not exported from the charset package
>> then something's wrong with your clisp). i'll add a check to the clisp
>> specific code in arnesi to deal with this.
>>
> I installed the latest version of clisp (2.37) and it seems that there is
> still no utf-16. Though utf-8 and unicode-16 are present.

Using pisin's patch:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.web.uncommonweb.devel/586

allows ucw_dev to be compiled, and executed. Though I am still not able to
make it work.

Also, if I try to compile uncommon web using allegro 7.0, I get the following
error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\.asdf-install-dir\site\ucw_dev\src\rerl\backtracking.fasl
Error: Class #<STANDARD-CLASS APPLICATION-FORM> is not yet finalized.
[condition type: PROGRAM-ERROR]
Error: Bad type of object (SYNONYM-STREAM) passed to parent.  The
       object was #<SYNONYM-STREAM @ #x20d1029a>.

Thanks.
--
Surendra Singhi