[Bese-devel] Re: dojo+ucw

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Thu Feb 23 19:55:55 UTC 2006

Evrim ULU wrote:

> We know that ucw is lacking ajax functionality and Aycan told me that we
> can use dojo namespace with neither tal templates nor parenscript. So,
> we've decided to post this message in order ucw community to decide the
> way to integrate dojo into ucw.

you can't, atm, use dojo attributes with TAL, but why can't you use
parenscript? (i'm currently using dojo purely through javascript).

> I know that Drew has penetrated the problem before but not released yet,
> and i think he is needing a little bit help.

i think drew's using just javascript, but maybe he'll chime in and speak
for himself.

> In addition, we have examined gmail's ajax implementation and it seems
> they're building their UI on the client via javascript and  render only
> parameters that is specific to user and page. This is better since data
> flow is low and server load is also decreased. Comments on this would be
> great:)

sound's like a great idea :)

> Marco, if you can summarize the road-map to dojo integration, we would
> be glad. I think dojo integration attracts enough attention and we have
> enough people to get around this problem with your guidance.

there is no road map. i'd be happy to provide support/code wherever you
think it'd be usefull but at the moment i don't have any plans for
exlpclit (or official) ucw support for dojo.