[Bese-devel] Re: dojo+ucw

Evrim ULU evrim at core.gen.tr
Thu Feb 23 15:09:02 UTC 2006

Marco Baringer wrote:

>"integration" is a big word. currently the only references to dojo is
>this in src/components/form.lisp:

Last night,  we discussed our tree navigation problem with Aycan. We are
needing a dragndroppable tree and it seems dojo has it (EditorTree).

We know that ucw is lacking ajax functionality and Aycan told me that we
can use dojo namespace with neither tal templates nor parenscript. So,
we've decided to post this message in order ucw community to decide the
way to integrate dojo into ucw.

I know that Drew has penetrated the problem before but not released yet,
and i think he is needing a little bit help.

In addition, we have examined gmail's ajax implementation and it seems
they're building their UI on the client via javascript and  render only
parameters that is specific to user and page. This is better since data
flow is low and server load is also decreased. Comments on this would be
great:)

Marco, if you can summarize the road-map to dojo integration, we would
be glad. I think dojo integration attracts enough attention and we have
enough people to get around this problem with your guidance.

Thnx.
Evrim.