[Bese-devel] latest patches to ucw_ajax

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 16:55:39 UTC 2006

hi!

i've pushed some changes to ucw_ajax that needs not-yet committed
changes in other projects (where i have no commit rights).

the most interesting is the component dirtyness tracking and their
automatic refreshing on the client. see the darcs comments and the
shared-counter example for details...

_ajax now depends on two more projects: trivial-garbage and
bordeaux-threads. for both of them you can find a darcs patch attached
in this mail that needs to be applied until they get into the official
repo.

darcs get http://common-lisp.net/~loliveira/darcs/trivial-garbage
darcs get http://common-lisp.net/project/bordeaux-threads/darcs/bordeaux-threads

also note that if you are using sbcl then you need to check out the
latest from CVS and apply this patch:
http://retes.hu/~mega/tmp/wht2.diff (for further details on this patch
google for "Weak hash tables early adopter edition")

clisp should work, although the magic ajax keepalive connection will
revert to polling. i can't test other lisps.

hope you'll like it,

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)