[Bese-devel] UCW with SBCL on Linux (possibly threading issue)

Vladimir Sekissov svg at surnet.ru
Mon Sep 19 07:48:33 UTC 2005

Good day,

shark.fin.soup> Can someone please recommend a technique to get my setup to work, or
shark.fin.soup> if there is a well-known setup that works on Linux. Please note that
shark.fin.soup> I do not have to use SBCL or Gentoo. I am willing to switch to
shark.fin.soup> anything that will allow me to get UCW up with threading. I am using
shark.fin.soup> a Linode box, which is devoted entirely to UCW.

I also had problems with threaded applications on Gentoo with
kernel-2.6 and native threads. Threaded SBCL and Erlang dumped to core
in unpredictable places.

At first I'm recommending to switch the system with 2.6 kernel from
native kernel threads to POSIX -
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Migrate_to_NPTL

The second - you need Slime version reflecting latest changes in SBCL
threads.

If you don't want to conquer SBCL and don't need Unicode you can
use UCW with CMUCL and its green threads. Latest CMUCL-19b works well with
Slime and UCW. At least for me.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Sekissov