[Bese-devel] UCW with SBCL on Linux (possibly threading issue)

Shark Fin Soup shark.fin.soup at mac.com
Mon Sep 19 06:01:35 UTC 2005

Dear all,

I have spent the past week trying to get UCW (latest release) to run
on SBCL (latest release)

With Gentoo Linux and Kernel 2.4, I am able to get run ucw/bin/
start.lisp with no error, except for that the Swank server is
disabled because there is no thread.

With Kernel 2.6 and SBCL recompiled to include :sb-thread, ucw/bin/
start.lisp incurs segmentation fault right after Swank is launched.

Although I can opt for the first option and live without threading, I
would like to devote another week to getting threading to work so I
can enjoy the embedded Swank of UCW.

Can someone please recommend a technique to get my setup to work, or
if there is a well-known setup that works on Linux. Please note that
I do not have to use SBCL or Gentoo. I am willing to switch to
anything that will allow me to get UCW up with threading. I am using
a Linode box, which is devoted entirely to UCW.

Dr. Atip Asvanund