[Bese-devel] unwinding

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Sat Oct 29 11:16:05 UTC 2005

A while ago I wrote:
> > Hi,
> > First, here is a solution I like better:
> >
> > (defaction logout ((c login-mixin))
> >   (setf (get-session-value 'user) nil) ; remove login info
> >   (setf (ucw::frame.window-component (ucw::context.current-frame *context*))
> >  (make-instance 'main))) ; simply throw away all the components
> >
> > It works as I wanted. I just need to try it 1000 times and see if it leaks
> > memory... What do you think? (I do not count data that I may be stuffing
> > somewhere, but just UCW.)
>
> On a related note, I believe this functionality should be part of
> UCW. UCW should fully handle sessions and authorization, but not user
> credentials handling -- so it should have an API for hooking in user
> credential checking.

Ok, I've gotten to the point where I actually need this. Is there a
function that I can call that will discard the current session along
with all data (allowing it to be gc'd) and take me back to an entry
point?

There seems to be delete-session, but it isn't exported from UCW and I
need to pass it the current session. Does it do The Right Thing?

--J.