[Bese-devel] unwinding

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 18:35:31 UTC 2005

> if for some reason you delete-session doesn't work (atm i can't
> remeber how that conversation endede) we should look into making it
> work (or maybe provide a restart-session function). what you're trying
> to do seems perfectly reasonable to me, we should make it easier to
> do. maybe we need a JUMP macro which would work just like CALL but
> it'd clear out the backtracking and all the various component
> "stacks"?

Thanks. I need some more time to get a better feeling for components before I
can suggest an API. At the moment, I vaguely see that the component call stack
is close to orthogonal to the */cc call stack (it perhaps is not due to
backtracking and such). A wild guess: perhaps you could switch from the
functional view (call/answer) to a data-structure view (push/pop/embed, etc,
perhaps even typed) in the EOPL way if you wanted a fuller control over
components. For example, a JUMP would correspond to removing a portion of the
stack.

Alex