[Bese-devel] unwinding

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sat Oct 29 11:23:47 UTC 2005

Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:

> Ok, I've gotten to the point where I actually need this. Is there a
> function that I can call that will discard the current session along
> with all data (allowing it to be gc'd) and take me back to an entry
> point?
>
> There seems to be delete-session, but it isn't exported from UCW and I
> need to pass it the current session. Does it do The Right Thing?

delete-session is what you're looking for (i'll export it asap). your
other option is to use the new JUMP macro (and associated
JUMP-TO-COMPONENT method). It will call a new component (just like
CALL) but will drop everything in the session (including the session's
object-table), it's just like delete-session except that the actual
session object isn't deleted (so the session id remains the same).

what i think you'd do (but i'm not really sure this is the clearest
way to go about it) is something like this (asthe last thing in an
action):

(jump 'redirect-component :target "/entry-point-url")