[Bese-devel] Introduction and questions...

Asbjørn Bjørnstad asbjxrn at bjxrnstad.net
Thu Nov 10 16:07:36 UTC 2005

On 10 Nov 2005, at 10:30 PM, Henrik Hjelte wrote:

> On tor, 2005-11-10 at 04:15 -0800, Drew Crampsie wrote:
>
>> I plan on releasing my Dojo+ucw+lol stuff, just as soon as i find our
>> where all the memory is going (memory usage swells after a day of
>> usage
>> and eventually kills sbcl. bad code somewhere).

> Why not release it to the darcs repository and have some more eyes on
> the bugs? I am currently  building my own stuff around dojo, which
> seems
> like a waste of human energy. But I really need it now, that's why.

I gotta agree. (Although I can understand the reluctance of showing
the world code I'd considered half-done myself.)

As long as we know about memory leaks or in general know the alpha/beta
state of the code, I'd consider it a non-issue. I don't think anyone
would immediately put it to production use.

As Marco said about ucw_public:
"there is no policy as to what you should, or shouldn't, do to that
repo (wild wild coding)"
--
   -asbjxrn