[Bese-devel] Problems compiling 0.2.0 with CMUCL

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Fri Mar 26 21:53:06 UTC 2004

[...]
 >> the "package" slot (and the accessor) to "ucw-package" fixed this
 >> problem. And hey, I was ready to run the example! Lo and behold, it
 >> all worked, and the example presented me with a nice login screen,
 >> where I entered "admin/admin". And...  *** BOOM! ***

 Marco> [well, our soap opera has found it's theme song: cue Mindfields
 Marco> by the Prodigy]

Yes, that would fit very well indeed!

 Marco> do you also have problems with the portableaserve backend?

I've just tried it. I have a different set of problems with the
portableaserve backend. It kind-of works, produces these from time to
time:

  No matching method for the generic function
  #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION IT.BESE.UCW::CONTEXT.RESPONSE (1) {587105D9}>, when
  called with arguments (NIL).
     [Condition of type PCL::NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD-ERROR]

  Restarts:
    0: [CONTINUE] Retry call to :FUNCTION.
    1: [ABANDON ] Abandon this request and wait for the next one
    2: [DESTROY ] Destroy the process

  Debug  (type H for help)

  ("DEFMETHOD NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD (T)" #<unused-arg> #<unused-arg>
   #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION IT.BESE.UCW::CONTEXT.RESPONSE (1) {587105D9}>
   (NIL))
  Source:
  ; File: target:pcl/braid.lisp
  (CERROR "Retry call to ~S."
          'NO-APPLICABLE-METHOD-ERROR
          :FUNCTION
          GENERIC-FUNCTION
          ...)
  0]

and mostly presents me with very cool Internal Server Error screens with
monstrous and scary backtraces, after a lengthy wait (boy, is it
slow). But hey, I ran the Hello World example and it worked.

So, yes, the portableaserve backend works kind of better :-)

--J.