[Bese-devel] Problems compiling 0.2.0 with CMUCL

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Mar 26 20:50:32 UTC 2004

On Venerdì, mar 26, 2004, at 02:12 Europe/Rome, Jan Rychter wrote:

> Seems it isn't fixed in the asdf-installable acl-compat that I use.

you might want to try using the CVS version, but if it seem s to work
then i'd just stick with what you have.

> Well, I still get this:
>
>   SWANK-BACKEND:SET-DEFAULT-DIRECTORY already names an ordinary
> function or a
>   macro.  If you want to replace it with a generic function, you
> should remove
>   the existing definition beforehand.

this is a slime bug which was fixed a few hours ago.

> the "package" slot (and the accessor) to "ucw-package" fixed this
> problem. And hey, I was ready to run the example! Lo and behold, it all
> worked, and the example presented me with a nice login screen, where I
> entered "admin/admin". And...  *** BOOM! ***

[well, our soap opera has found it's theme song: cue Mindfields by the
Prodigy]

do you also have problems with the portableaserve backend?

unfortunetely i didn't have time to install an apache on the x86 box so
i couldn't verify this personally. it does look very "interesting"

>   [3289250968] Recursive request error #<TYPE-ERROR {580C2A3D}>.

recursive request errors happen when there's an error in the action
code and the error handling code also signals an error. the code which
could cause this is the inspectable backtrace generator (see
request-loop-error.lisp), which, given the really weird errors you're
getting could mean that i'm using the sldb code in ways it shouldn't be
used. The fact that the error occurs while calling
DEBUG-INTERNALS:TOP-FRAME supports this.

what error do you get if you set ucw::*debug-on-error* to nil?

> [snip wierd gc messasges]

> I'm scared now. GC showing negative numbers of bytes freed?

yeah, the latest cmucl versions can actually allocate (and free)
anti-matter. :)

--
Marco