[asdf-install-devel] Wrestling w/ Darcs (was: Patch for Windows tar execution)

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:44:46 UTC 2007

> Hmm. I just tried sending a patch to myself, and then applying it to a
> repo. Tried sending from Windows (exactly as I sent to you), received
> and applied successfully on both Windows & Linux. The darcs version on my Debian box is 1.0.9rc1, on Windows it's 1.0.9 (released).

the problem usually is that various mail clients feel free to
transform text attachments. some of them straight insert them as mail
body, but once you copy&paste it into a file darcs refuses to apply
the patch. in my experience this is because it has a quite strict
format, so extra newlines or transformed EOL chars screw up the
patch...

hth,

--
 attila