[asdf-install-devel] Wrestling w/ Darcs (was: Patch for Windows tar execution)

Dan Muller pikdj2002 at sneakemail.com
Thu Nov 29 04:49:41 UTC 2007

Somewhat off-topic, Darcs learning curve stuff ...

Gary King writes:
> My darcs still doesn't like your patch file (or what I'm doing with
> your patch file!) but I was able to pull the patch from your
> repository with no problems. All the usual tests pass.

Hmm. I just tried sending a patch to myself, and then applying it to a
repo. Tried sending from Windows (exactly as I sent to you), received
and applied successfully on both Windows & Linux. The darcs version on my Debian box is 1.0.9rc1, on Windows it's 1.0.9 (released).

I'm using Gnus to send and read email; the message shows the patch
description in the main body, the patch itself as a separate MIME part
of type text/x-darcs-patch. Depending on your mail reader, perhaps it
shows as an attachment with an extension of .dpatch. I can ask Gnus to
pipe that MIME part into "darcs apply --repo=/path/to/my/repo", and it
applies OK.

Dunno if any of that helps.

--
Dan Muller