uiop:launch-program fails to run sudo without -S

Pierre Neidhardt mail at ambrevar.xyz
Tue Jan 12 17:48:23 UTC 2021

Thanks for the details, this makes sense! :)

The problem with -S is that I need to pass it systematically.  Worse: I
cannot invoke shell scripts that call `sudo' without -S.

So instead I ended up adding this to my ~/.slynk.lisp:

(let ((askpass (format nil
                       "~a/.guix-extra-profiles/common-lisp/common-lisp/bin/lxqt-openssh-askpass"
                       (uiop:getenv "HOME")) ))
  (when (uiop:file-exists-p askpass)
    (setf (uiop:getenv "SUDO_ASKPASS") askpass)))

Works perfectly for me now! :)

Thanks!

--
Pierre Neidhardt