uiop:launch-program fails to run sudo without -S

Phoebe Goldman phoebe at goldman-tribe.org
Tue Jan 12 16:15:32 UTC 2021

Emacs by default allocates a pty for subprocesses. There’s no way to do this portably, as many Lisps don’t support it, so UIOP won’t help you here. If you’re on SBCL and portability is not a concern, you can use sb-ext:run-program with a :pty keyword argument, as described in section 7.7.3 of the SBCL manual. Failing that, it’s probably best to use sudo -S.

phoebe