Question about version in submitting patches

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Nov 27 09:16:02 UTC 2020

I’m a little unsure of whether the “Committee for Ongoing and Perpetual ASDF maintenance” (hi Robert!) wishes us to include the results of “<file:bin/bump-version>” in submitted patches.

I have a small ABCL-specific patch dealing with UIOP:PARSE-UNIX-NAMESTRING when loading system definitions from zip archives for which I have used bump-version to denote as version “3.3.4.0.1”.  I’ve not quite finished my testing to ensure that previous versions of ABCL work well with it, but when I do, do you wish me to include the use of “bump-version” with the patch or is that something the Committee prefers to do on its own?

yours,
Mark

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."