read-depend branch is ready for another review...

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Sun Jul 16 18:10:57 UTC 2017

On 7/14/17 Jul 14 -11:20 AM, Robert Goldman wrote:
> On 7/14/17 Jul 14 -11:17 AM, Faré wrote:
>> 1- At the end of find-system, the methods on additional-input-files
>> should go now that you use the convenience methods, shouldn't they?
>> 2- now that you invalidate the cache for input-files, shouldn't you
>> put the append *inside* the with-asdf-cache? Or would that fail?
>
> I'll get on those.
>
> 1. what's in FIND-SYSTEM is accessors to %ADDITIONAL-INPUT-FILES, not
> ADDITIONAL-INPUT-FILES and the former has setters as well as getters, so
> I wasn't sure I could use ADDITIONAL-INPUT-FILES.  I'll check.

Checked and confirmed this -- %ADDITIONAL-INPUT-FILES takes only a
COMPONENT as argument, so it can't use the convenience methods macro.

> 2.  I'll fix this, thanks.

I don't fully understand.  I'm looking, and the APPEND call is in the
scope of DO-ASDF-CACHE, AFAICT:

  ;; Memoize input files.
  (defmethod input-files :around (operation component)
    (do-asdf-cache `(input-files ,operation ,component)
      ;; get the additional input files, if any
      (append (call-next-method)
              ;; must come after the first, for other code that
              ;; assumes the first will be the "key" file
              (additional-input-files operation component))))

If that's all, I can merge this into the plan branch, and then we should
fix the ABCL issues.

Best,