Locations

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Mon Sep 26 03:47:28 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Greg,
>
> I'm not sure what you're trying to do and why.
>
> If you want to somehow compile a system into a fasl that you then
> distribute, one safe answer would look like:
>
> ;; 1- build your code with asdf, e.g.
> (asdf:operate :compile-bundle-op 'pqr)
> ;; 2- use copy-file:
> (uiop:copy-file (first (asdf:output-files :compile-bundle-op 'pqr)) ...)

asdf:output-files has a singular version you can use instead of (first
(asdf:output-files ...)):

(uiop:copy-file (asdf:output-file :compile-bundle-op 'pqr))

> There should probably be a FAQ for that.

Here is my one and only blog entry, which happens to be roughly about this
topic:

   http://gendl.blogspot.com/

The difference is this blog discusses :monolithic-compile-bundle-op, which
generates a "bundle" which includes all depended-upon systems as well,
recursively, rather than just the toplevel requested system.

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, david.cooper at gen.works
genworks.com, gendl.org