Just pushed 3.1.7.26: RUN-PROGRAM extensions

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 00:56:18 UTC 2016

> RUN-PROGRAM has changed quite a bit, and whenever we move to a new
> release, I propose to bump to 3.2, to make it easier for people to
> detect these extensions.

A 3.2 release soon would make a lot of sense, but if you are going to
do it, there are quite a few small changes that could benefit from
being made just before such a release, such as:
* adding new flags to defsystem (if you do),
* completing and merging in the obsolete-function-warnings branch
* maybe removing some old backward compatibility functions
* being serious about make-operation

What about releasing what we have as 3.1.8 and then doing these things
and releasing 3.2?

Suicidal terrorists may have short shelf lives.  — John McCarthy