Needed change in governance

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Sun Sep 18 02:51:26 UTC 2016

On 9/16/16 Sep 16 -5:53 PM, Faré wrote:
> That's all entirely my fault. I should have remembered this work
> conflicted with a branch you had.
>
> I got carried away. I lazily continued to act the way I always did
> (i.e. push any supposed improvement to master), even though I'm not
> maintainer anymore.
>
> I'm backing out, and will not commit anything myself directly to
> master anymore. I will only put merge requests on gitlab for code
> review and merge by Robert (or whoever steps forward to replace him).
>
> Robert: I can revert the offending commit, or merge in yours, etc., at
> your leisure.

I don't think we need to revert anything right now.  But I need to do a
review of the latest changes and see how to harmonize them with my
UNSUPPORTED-FUNCTIONALITY-ERROR (I am not wedded to my name).

But I would like a brief pause so I can catch up and get results from
testing on all three platforms, then a more measured move forward.

Having merge requests for a while will, I hope, be a good change and not
too burdensome for anyone.

Good night,