Test results

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 01:54:43 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Elias Pipping <pipping.elias at icloud.com> wrote:

>> On 12 Sep 2016, at 23:33, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>>
>> I ran the tests again on all three platforms.
>>
>> Linux:
>
> I’ve run tests on Linux again, now, too.
>
>> Unexpected test success on ecl-bytecodes (ECL 16.1.2) in this block:
>>
>> ;; forced, it should be later
>> (DBG "Check that force reloading loads again")
>> (setf test-package::*file3* :reset)
>> (load-system 'test-asdf/force :force :all)
>> (assert-compare (>= (get-file-stamp file1) file1-date))
>> (assert-equal test-package::*file3* t)

I have the same unexpected success with ecl_bytecodes on Linux x64. Pushed fix.

>> I do *not* see this on ECL non-bytecodes.  The tests here fail as before.

I see all tests passing on the latest ECL 16.1.2 from git ca7f510
on Linux x64, both with and without bytecodes. Native ECL had an
intermittent non-reproducible failure in test-bundle making monolithic
dlls, though.

> I’ve hit the following regressions, some of which overlap with what you see:
>
> - ECL 16.1.2 and newer fail test3.script in regular mode
> - ECL 16.1.2 and newer fail test-force.script in ecl_bytescodes mode(+)
> - SBCL 1.1.13 now fails plenty of tests (11 to be precise). SBCL 1.3.9 and later are fine(++)
> - MKCL-git(*) now fails test-make-build.script and test-program.script(**)
>
> (+) I don’t typically run such tests. It seems I should.
> (++) I did not test anything between 1.1.13 and 1.3.9
> (*) needs to be very recent
> (**) that’s what https://github.com/jcbeaudoin/MKCL/issues/9 is about

The MKCL failures are expected.

I don't have an old SBCL to test with. Can you send me the failure logs?

PS: as for touch-file, it only modifies the asdf-cache by default; it
won't hit the filesystem unless you explicitly use :in-filesystem t.

Endures the belief in Government "our" friend, no reform is possible.
Perishes the superstition, only abolition is conceivable.