[rfc][merge request]

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Mon Sep 12 13:40:01 UTC 2016

I'd just like to give a description of some of our use-cases which might
not be totally reflected in standard regression tests (maybe they should be
somehow).

What I know is that we depend heavily on immutable-systems behavior in
production (e.g. for making pre-built Gendl distributions which won't try
to re-compile and re-load Gendl and its dependencies on top of an image
which already has them built-in, when quickloading other systems which have
:depends-on :gendl).

We also depend (daily) on the monolithic-compile-bundle operations for
making builds which don't end up including asdf themselves (but our builds
do include uiop).

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper