[rfc][merge request]

Daniel Kochmański daniel at turtleware.eu
Mon Sep 12 08:34:31 UTC 2016

Dear all,

me and Fare clearly can't reach a consensus about the changes I've
recently proposed to ASDF:

https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/asdf/asdf/merge_requests/13

I acknowledge a possibility, that I'm totally wrong here (and if that's
true, my deepest apologies to Fare for using vast amount of his time),
but my conviction is that this is a step forward and a good
proposition. I would appreciate 3rd party opinions, because I'm clearly
not objective here since I've wrote the code in question.

The code isn't in final shape yet, but it proves no regressions wrt
tests shipped with ASDF right now (tested on ABCL, CCL, ECL, SBCL 1.2.0,
SBCL and MKCL).

I'm planning to write a proper regressions and feature tests and
document the behaviour in question in the manual, but only if there is
sense in it (i.e it will be merged after fixing the potential issues).

Thanks,
Daniel Kochmański

--
Daniel Kochmański ;; aka jackdaniel | Poznań, Poland
TurtleWare - Daniel Kochmański      | www.turtleware.eu

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi