Recent disappearance of asdf:bundle-system.

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Sep 11 06:47:48 UTC 2016

> On Sep 11, 2016, at 08:31, Jean-Claude Beaudoin <jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello ASDF devs,
>
> I noticed recently that asdf/bundle:bundle-system has disappeared from ASDF.
> MKCL is/was a user of that function as a convenient entry point to the ASDF bundle facility.

[…]

For what it is worth, ABCL had an implementation for BUNDLE-SYSTEM that, while suffering from a little bitrot, constructed a “monolithic” FASL from all the compilation units of a give ASDF definition.  If BUNDLE-SYSTEM gets resurrected, I would re-work ABCL’s implementation to be more conformant.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."