Recent disappearance of asdf:bundle-system.

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 06:31:53 UTC 2016

Hello ASDF devs,

I noticed recently that asdf/bundle:bundle-system has disappeared from ASDF.
MKCL is/was a user of that function as a convenient entry point to the ASDF
bundle facility.

My impression was that, along the lines of asdf:load-system and
asdf:compile-system,
asdf:bundle-system was playing a (small but) useful role as a convenience
function.
I will most probably simply have to fold that function inside the build
code of MKCL if it is
to be removed from ASDF for good.

Yet, to see a publicly exported function disappear between version 3.1.7.10
and 3.1.7.12
to most likely result in a 3.1.8 release gives pause. Are we really seeing
here a public API
code breaking modification being done between two patch level releases?

BTW, there seems to have been a few other MKCL related breakage issues
introduced
by the recent wave of changes. I will have to examine each one in turn...

Cheers,

JCB