Intended behavior of *COMPILE-FILE-WARNINGS-BEHAVIOUR*

Faré fare at tunes.org
Fri Jan 15 21:36:22 UTC 2016

[This was my reply that bounced yesterday. I edited it.]

On 1/14/16 Jan 14 -1:20 PM, Robert Goldman wrote:
> What is the intended behavior when this is bound to :IGNORE?
>
> I believe that if warnings occur, they should be quashed and
> COMPILE-FILE should still return T, although otherwise it would not.

Yes, the intent is that in case of :IGNORE, the compilation should just succeed
(assuming an output file was returned).

> I'm finding a case where :IGNORE is not enough to make the compile-file
> succeed, but I'm grappling with trying to find a minimal test case.  So
> I was wondering if I was interpreting this variable correctly.

Either no .fasl was created, or you found another bug in UIOP.

The uploaded man cut himself from the world. The optimizer saw the simulation
would have no more side-effects and optimized it all away.