newbie setup question

Thomas Lynch thomas.lynch at reasoningtechnology.com
Mon Jan 18 11:30:55 UTC 2016

New at this,  sure could use a pointer.  I'm not able to get the code to
build consistently.  It works only after a failure.  So I have to do it
twice to get it to go.  Sure would like to know what is wrong here.

These are the directories:

/home/LE/sbcl/LE.asd  ;holds the definition, as shown below
/home/LE/sbcl/src   ;holds the lisp source files for my project

The system is Debian, udpated today.  quicklisp is installed.

These are the commands I type:

(require :asdf)
(pushnew (truename ".") asdf:*central-registry* :test #'equal)
(asdf:load-system :LE)
(require :LE)
(use-package 'LE)

in a fresh environment this fails,  and dumps me in the debugger,
asdf:load-system tells me:

"Component :LE not found:

Then I exit the debugger, and run it a second time and it works.  Not sure,
may need quotes the first time, a colon the second, i.e. it is quirky.

I have tried a lot of variations of the above, pretty much every example
I've been able to find, some have "LE" instead of :LE everywhere.

Here is the value of asdf:*central-registry* after the push:

*  asdf:*central-registry*

(#P"/home/LE/sbcl/" #P"/home/mordecai/quicklisp/quicklisp/")

Here is the asdf file that is located in /home/LE/sbcl:

(in-package :asdf-user)

(defsystem #:LE
  :name "LE"
  :version "0.1"
  :author "Thomas W. Lynch <thomas.lynch at reasoningtechnology.com>"
  :description "Lynch's extensions"
  :depends-on ("local-time")
;; :serial t
  :components((:module "src"
               :components (
                             (:file "package")
                             (:file "fundamental" :depends-on ("package"))
                             (:file "test" :depends-on ("fundamental"))
                             (:file "string" :depends-on ("test"))
                             (:file "functions" :depends-on ("test"))
                             (:file "list-0" :depends-on ("functions"))
;;                             (:file "list-L" :depends-on ("list-0"))
                             ))))