Unable to run tests on Windows

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Feb 22 03:15:05 UTC 2016

Now when I try to run the tests on Windows, I see:

cmd /c make.bat l='' L='' u='' U='' v='' s='' t='' clean
build\asdf-tools.exe was  unexpected at this time.
Makefile:65: recipe for target 'clean' failed
make: *** [clean] Error 255

I'm not sure what's going on here.  I believe in the past, I simply used
the bash shell from cygwin.  Now some check is made, and I am getting
cmd.exe instead.

At any rate, at this time, asdf-tools.exe does not exist.

Could this be due to a change in inferior-shell?  Or.... there's a
comment about building an asdf-tools executable and that somehow it
needs to be rebuilt after an update (?).

The readme says I may have to

make build-asdf-tools

but when I try I get that same 'build\asdf-tools.exe was unexpected at
this time.' error

Have you been able to test this on Windows yourself?  If not, we are
going to have to revert out all of this stuff until we get ourselves to
a state where ASDF builds again.

I'm afraid that the 3.1.7 release has to be postponed until this can be
straightened out.