Warnings: towards 3.1.7

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Feb 15 21:51:42 UTC 2016

On 2/15/16 Feb 15 -2:38 PM, Faré wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:

>>> I didn't try to think about those tests you added, but they pass for
>>> me on sbcl and ccl.
>>
>> I got failures on a number of the implementations:
>>
>>  Unexpected test failures on these implementations:
>> build/results/ccl-test.text
>> build/results/clisp-test.text
>> build/results/lispworks-test.text
>> build/results/allegro_64-test.text
>> build/results/allegromodern_64-test.text
>> build/results/allegro8_64-test.text
>> build/results/allegromodern8_64-test.text
>> build/results/allegro_64_s-test.text
>> build/results/allegromodern_64_s-test.text
>> build/results/allegro8_64_s-test.text
>> build/results/allegromodern8_64_s-test.text
>> build/results/abcl-test.text
>>

>> This is on mac.
>>
>> For me test-undeferred-warnings fails on CCL.  But I'm still running
>> 1.10, in case that matters.
>>
>> More details soon.
>>
> All green for me on linux x64, ccl 1.12, sbcl 1.3.2, latest clisp from
> hg, allegro 10.0, abcl 1.3.2.

Added some DBG strings.

Looks like some of this may be another make test error.  The first
LOAD-SYSTEM wasn't FORCE T, so running the test multiple times gave
different results.

Retesting.

>> Note that I'm not entirely sure how the deferred/undeferred warnings
>> should be working.
>>
> I admit not having the time and energy to think about it right now.
>
>> I was just alerted to this when I tried to quash a redefined variable
>> warning that was expected, but was breaking a build on Allegro, when we
>> set warnings to cause failures.  I expected that ignoring warnings on
>> ASDF would also suppress the build failures.
>>
> Did you configure asdf to handle deferred warnings by setting
> *warnings-file-type* ?

No, but it looks like ENABLE-DEFERRED-WARNINGS-CHECK, and
DISABLE-DEFERRED-WARNINGS-CHECK should do this.

Cheers,