3.2rc on MKCL (Was: ASDF 3.1.7.43 is 3.2 release candidate)

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 12:08:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 2:32 AM, Jean-Claude Beaudoin
> <jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> (...)
> > 2) test-run-program.script
> >
> > .../uiop/launch-program.lisp is incomplete for MKCL on windows and needs
> > be patched
> > as per attached file to be in any way functional in that context.
> > Once patched accordingly and applied to very latest MKCL repo master head
> > this test now passes.
> >
> +               #+(or mkcl) (list "cmd" (strcat "/c " command))
> The list seems very wrong, unless MKCL doesn't quote its arguments to
> the win32 spawn function, which is probably wrong in its own right.

You lost me entirely here. It does look like something that works pretty
well for being so wrong...

No "spawn" function involved here, just a very native and basic Win32
CreateProcessW() call.

> Can you confirm how to execute
> a raw CMD command line with MKCL?

Are you looking for something like

(mkcl:run-program "cmd" '("/c echo ok 1") :output t)
or
(mkcl:run-program "cmd" '("/c" "echo" "ok" "1") :output t)

both produce the same output (sent to stdout here by the ":output t" pair,
adjust to your need).
Any slicing or concatenation of the arguments produce the same result.