3.2rc on MKCL (Was: ASDF 3.1.7.43 is 3.2 release candidate)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 08:36:42 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 2:32 AM, Jean-Claude Beaudoin
<jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 12/17/16 Dec 17 -4:59 AM, Jean-Claude Beaudoin wrote:
>> >
>> > Testing a fresh ASDF repo clone (master head) with latest MKCL
>> > on Vista (Win32) and Windows 7 (Win64) both result in only 2 failures:
>> >
>> > test-program.script
>> > test-run-program.script
>> >
>> > Will investigate shortly...
>> >

>> Thanks.  Please keep us posted.
>

> Here is what I came up with:
>
> 1) test-program.script fails trying to find a file named
>
> .../build/fasls/mkcl-1.1.9-xxx/asdf/test/hello-world-example--all-systems.image
>
> (where ... and xxx are place holders you can easily substitute)
>
> what exists instead is
>
> .../build/fasls/mkcl-1.1.9-xxx/asdf/test/hello-world-example--all-systems.exe
>
> which seems to be the expected executable corresponding to the
> ???--all-systems.image on unix.
> (BTW, why is there such an "image" extension on unix/linux?)

The "image" extension allows to distinguish an image meant for
continued development from an application that has its own
entry-point.

If it looks for the wrong file, there's a bug in my code. Sigh.

> 2) test-run-program.script
>
> .../uiop/launch-program.lisp is incomplete for MKCL on windows and needs to
> be patched
> as per attached file to be in any way functional in that context.
> Once patched accordingly and applied to very latest MKCL repo master head
> this test now passes.

+               #+(or mkcl) (list "cmd" (strcat "/c " command))
The list seems very wrong, unless MKCL doesn't quote its arguments to
the win32 spawn function, which is probably wrong in its own right.
Can you confirm how to execute
a raw CMD command line with MKCL?

When a pamphlet was published entitled "100 Authors Against Einstein", Einstein
retorted "If I were wrong, one would be enough."