Standalone application delivery

Attila Lendvai attila at lendvai.name
Thu Sep 17 18:46:58 UTC 2015

> It's possible, and some people have done it for SBCL at Google using
> bazel.io, though they never spent the time making it open source. I
> could extract bits from it and reproduce the same thing with ASDF, but
> I'd rather someone else do it, though I can explain what I see in
> those files.

does it happen
 a) from a final linking phase linking sbcl's .o files
 b) or using a vanilla sbcl exe (or executable core) and hacking the
grovelled .o or .so files into it?

> Or then again, the CL community could adopt bazel (not very likely).

from a strictly engineering perspective, do you think using bazel to
build cl code would be better than using ASDF? yes/no/hard-to-judge?

to me it seems that it's an important ability to customize the build
system from the .asd (because it's the same language), and that would
be lost with bazel, no?

feel free to ignore all of this, just random curiosity...

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39