New version of ASDF pushed

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon May 4 02:27:53 UTC 2015

Dear Robert,

so I pushed two easy changes among those list I discussed on the list:
    Move the inline-method support to parse-defsystem
    Fix in-user-configuration-directory to accept files, not just directories.
I also had to fix find-standard-case-symbol again, so I added regression tests.

Now, when I did a make bump, I got the following error message:

Transforming file upgrade.lisp... done.
Rebuilding ASDF with bumped version
git commit -a -m "Bump version to $(eval a=$(cat version.lisp-expr) ; echo $a)"
fatal: ..: '..' is outside repository
[master 9120cf7] Bump version to 3.1.4.7

I checked that it's the command `git commit -a -m '3.1.4.7'` that was
complaining indeed.
Why, I don't know. I tried to `git submodule deinit .` and/or `git
clean -xfd`, to no avail;
I see symlinks to ../ but only in subdirectories. I see no .. in my
.git/* or .git* files.
I hope it's not a symptom of something too bad. Do you have the same symptom?

Finally, is there already a deprecation library for CL somewhere?
Otherwise, I ought to write one for UIOP, and
start using it for the backward-foo functions.

The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have,
taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government;
they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device
to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can't
get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is
worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other
words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an
advance auction sale of stolen goods. — H. L. Mencken