package-inferred-system and :around-compile

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 07:14:58 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Eric Timmons <etimmons at mit.edu> wrote:
> I'd really like to use :around-compile (for use with
> local-package-aliases), but I can't seem to combine it with
> package-inferred-system as the inferred systems don't inherit the
> around-compile slot from the top level system.
>
> I'd happily supply a patch to enable it. But I'm not sure if it would
> make the most sense to just inherit around-compile from the top level
> system or add an additional initarg for the package-inferred-system
> class that gets passed to the inferred systems.

Dear Eric,

I don't have strong feelings about this one. I obviously didn't think
enough about it.

Yes, package-inferred-system's could inherit :around-compile from
their primary system, and maybe other things, too.

Can you send a patch?

If you don't want to rely on a patch, you could use a subclass that does it all.

Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. — Henry Ford
Morality means doing the right thing when no one is looking. — Jan Krepelka